Sunday, November 16, 2008

All Grown Up

Today was our Primary Program for our ward. At last year's program, Rakel just stood there and wouldn't say (or sing) anything. So I was a bit nervous this morning. But I guess I didn't have much to worry about, she did GREAT! She looked at her teacher instead of the audience, but she repeated the words loudly and clearly. It brought tears to my eyes. Of course, that had started when the primary president got up at the beginning of the program. And she sang just as well as the other kids. I was surprised at how well she knew some of the songs because we hadn't practiced them at home with her. Anyway, we are SO PROUD OF HER. She does seem to be coming out of her shell a little bit and showing her personality. And every time I stop to think, I think she's growing up so fast! She's not my baby any more! I think children are so special and they exemplify the qualities that we should all have. My kids are always reminding me of what I should be doing to follow Christ. I LOVE MY KIDS!
Hoy fue el programa de la primaria en nuestro barrio. En el programa del ano pasado, Rakel se quedo alli y no quiso decir (ni cantar) nada. Asi que esta manana estuve nerviosa. Pero parece que no tenia por que estar asi. Le fue SUPER BIEN!!! Miro a su maestra en vez de a la audiencia, pero dijo su parte muy bien. Me salieron lagrimas. (Por supuesto, ya habia empezado a llorar desde que hablo la presidente de la primaria al principio del programa...) Y Rakel canto tan bien como los otros ninos mas grandes. Me sorprendio de que bien sabia algunas de las canciones porque no las habiamos practicado en casa. Estamos muy orgullosos de ella. Parece que esta saliendo mas su personalididad. Cada vez que me pongo a pensar, pienso de lo rapido que esta creciendo! Ya no es mi bebe!
Pienso que los ninos son tan especiales que tienen las cualidades que todos nosotros debemos tener. Tienen espiritus tan lindos. Me recuerdan mucho de lo que debo estar haciendo para seguir a Jesucristo. AMO A MIS HIJOS!!!

1 comment:

Amber said...

Yay for Rakell! I guess that's why it's easier to do primary programs with a primary instead of just a nursery :)